Crews respond to suspected gas explosions that have damaged homes in communities north of BostonSeptember 13, 2018 9:29pm

LAWRENCE, Mass. (AP) — Crews respond to suspected gas explosions that have damaged homes in communities north of Boston.

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

Columbia Gas employee Brian Jones shines a flashlight so his partner, using a wrench, can shut off the gas in a home Friday, Sept. 14, 2018, in Andover, Mass. Multiple houses were damaged Thursday afternoon from gas explosions and fires triggered by a problem with a gas line that feeds homes in several communities north of Boston. (AP Photo/Winslow Townson)
Official: Pressure sensors focus of gas explosions probe
A police officer stands in the doorway as residents stand in a block-long line outside a customer help center staffed by Columbia Gas of Massachusetts in Lawrence, Mass., Monday, Sept. 17, 2018. Dozens of homes were destroyed or damaged, a teenager was killed and dozens of people were injured in Lawrence, North Andover and Andover following a failure last week in the area natural gas delivery service. Federal officials say their investigation is partially focused on pressure sensors that were connected to a gas line that was being taken out of service shortly before the blasts. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
Foundation being set up for victims of gas explosions
FILE - In this Sept. 13, 2018, file photo, firefighters battle a house fire on Herrick Road in North Andover, Mass., one of multiple emergency crews responding to a series of gas explosions and fires triggered by a problem with a gas line that feeds homes in several communities north of Boston. The pressure in natural gas pipelines prior to a series of explosions and fires in Massachusetts last week was 12 times higher than it should have been. The information was in a letter from the state's U.S. senators to the heads of Columbia Gas and NiSource.  (AP Photo/Mary Schwalm, File)
Pipe pressure before gas explosions was 12 times too high
Two people look out at the shore after a reported shark attack at Newcomb Hollow Beach in Wellfleet, Mass,  on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018.   A man boogie boarding off the Cape Cod beach was attacked by a shark on Saturday and died later at a hospital, becoming the state’s first shark attack fatality in more than 80 years.  (AP Photo/Susan Haigh)
Shark attack victim was engineering student, outdoorsman
Aunt begged shark attack victim not to go to Cape CodThe aunt of the Massachusetts man killed by a shark over the weekend says she told her nephew to stay away from Cape Cod waters but he laughed off her concerns
Florence death toll rises to 15 after pickup truck veers off road, strikes overpass support beam in South CarolinaFlorence death toll rises to 15 after pickup truck veers off road, strikes overpass support beam in South Carolina
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices