Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault AllegationJune 14, 2018 9:20am

A special entertainment task force is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, prosecutors in Los Angeles County have confirmed. Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Police say the woman reported the alleged incident to police in Santa Monica in November last year. Police haven't revealed anything about the nature of the allegation, and it's not clear how charges could be filed: Sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations that was in place in California at the time.



Martin Singer, Stallone's lawyer, is pushing back hard against the allegation. He tells CNN that his client "categorically denies" the allegation and says it is "inappropriate" to "try to ruin" somebody with it.

"It's outrageous that the DA's office and PD would announce this information because it makes the public think that there's something there," Singer says. The lawyer tells the New York Post that Stallone met the woman while filming Rambo III in the late 1980s and they had a "consensual, sexual" relationship for several years.

Singer, who says Stallone didn't hear from the woman until after the Harvey Weinstein scandal last year, accuses prosecutors of trying to appease the "#MeToo generation." (Jamie Foxx is also denying a sexual assault claim.)

More From Newser

Jordan Burns Roseanne at MTV Awards

This article originally appeared on Newser: Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault Allegation

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

Texas officer arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl, threatening mom with deportationA Texas detention deputy has been arrested after he was accused of having sexually assaulted a young child whose mother is undocumented.
FILE - In this July 18, 2016 file photo, actor Scott Baio speaks during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Prosecutors have declined to file charges against Baio stemming from allegations by his former “Charles in Charge” co-star that he sexually assaulted her. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office decided Monday, June 18, 2018, not to file charges, saying in an evaluation that the statute of limitations had expired. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File)
Prosecutors decline assault charges against Scott Baio
Sandra Bullock says she was 'afraid' of Harvey WeinsteinAlthough Sandra Bullock had never worked with Harvey Weinstein, the Oscar winner still "heard" stories about the disgraced producer.
This photo provided by the Bexar County Sheriff Office in San Antonio, Texas, shows Jose Nunez, a deputy sheriff who was arrested Sunday, June 17, 2018, on a warrant for super aggravated sexual assault, pending formal charges. Nunez is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl and threatening the child's mother with deportation if she reported him. (Bexar County Sheriff Office via AP)
Texas deputy arrested on allegation of child sexual assault
Murder charges filed against man linked to Seattle area 1987 double homicide through DNAA man arrested in a 1987 cold case after investigators sifted through a public genealogy website to match crime scene DNA has been charged with two counts of first degree murder.
In this Sept. 3, 2013 photo, Pulitzer Prize winning author Junot Diaz pauses during an interview in New York. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology investigation has cleared the Pulitzer Prize-winning author and creative writing professor to return to the classroom this fall. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews, File)
Author Junot Diaz cleared of wrongdoing in MIT investigation
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices