The Latest: Spokesman: Baio denies sexual misconduct claimsFebruary 14, 2018 11:16pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The latest on sexual misconduct allegations against Scott Baio (all times local):

2:45 p.m.

A spokesman for Scott Baio says the actor denies "each and every one" of the allegations of sexual misconduct made against him by two of his former co-stars on the TV show "Charles in Charge."

Spokesman Brian Glicklich read a statement from the actor at a news conference Wednesday held in response to new allegations disclosed by actor Alexander Polinsky.

An attorney for Baio, Jennifer McGrath, characterized the claims made by Polinsky and actress Nicole Eggert as "ever-changing" and evidence of a "hunger for publicity."

Baio live-streamed the news conference on his Facebook page but did not attend. Glicklich and McGrath said the actor was at a school party with his daughter.

Polinsky says Baio exposed himself and talked about gay sex acts with the young actor.

Eggert says Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they worked together on the hit show.

___

12:49 p.m.

A former "Charles in Charge" actor says Scott Baio assaulted and "mentally tortured" him during their time together on the show in the 1980s.

Alexander Polinsky made the allegations Wednesday in Los Angeles during a news conference.

Polinsky says Baio exposed himself, talked about gay sex acts with the young actor and once threw a hot cup of tea in his face.

Another "Charles in Charge" star, Nicole Eggert, came forward last month with claims that Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they worked together on the hit show.

Baio called those allegations false and said he and Eggert were involved in a consensual relationship when she was of legal age.

Baio spokesman Brian Glicklich said the new claims would be addressed at a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

Actor Sir Patrick Stewart poses for photographers upon arrival at the BAFTA 2018 Awards in London, Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. (Photo by Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP)
'Three Billboards' wins, women make waves at UK film awards
California law that blocked posting actors' ages struck downA federal judge has struck down a California law that restricts a popular Hollywood website from posting the ages of actors
The Latest: Investigation of senator finds misconduct likelyAn investigation has determined a California senator likely engaged in six instances of flirtatious or sexually suggestive behavior with women staff members and lobbyists in the past decade
In this Feb. 16, 2018, photo, University Prep Academy High School students react in Detroit to an announcement that all 600 students will see the film "Black Panther." As the film debuts in theaters across the U.S., educators, philanthropist, celebrities, and business owners are pulling together their resources to bring children of color to see the film which features a black superhero in a fictional, un-colonized African nation. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)
Stars, educators lead effort for kids to see 'Black Panther'
Konstantine Anthony, left, joins other grassroots protestors during a rally against gun violence in downtown Los Angeles on Monday, Feb. 19, 2018. Hundreds of sign-carrying, chanting protesters have converged on a downtown Los Angeles park, demanding tougher background checks and other gun-safety measures following last week's deadly school shooting in Florida. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)
The Latest: Suspect legally purchased at least 7 long guns
Wynn Resorts new CEO Matt Maddox speaks during an interview at Wynn Las Vegas Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, in Las Vegas. Maddox says he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced in a news report last month. He was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)
New Wynn Resorts CEO denies knowing of claims against mogul
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices